Friday’s Fabulous Fabrics !!
This post I’m sharing the beautiful fabric I have been dreaming of.
I read a post on a living room project by one of my favorite Interior Designers, Veronica of Casa Vilora Interiors . Since, I could not stop thinking about the leopard pillows that were featured. I love the entire room and the leopard pillows looked so dreamy they were calling my name. Check out the beautiful textiles, the mix of colors and prints. It’s just Divine. I had to have those leopard pillows! Click picture or here for her blog post.
Off to shopping I go to find this scrumptious leopard fabric.
Pillows and florals are the easiest way for me to refresh a space without breaking the bank. (To see an easy DIY flower arrangement click here). However I did not know the proper fabric brand name or designer name to order the fabric. Since time was on my side, literally for months I left it alone in my dreams and went on to other projects……
Until….one day …. I heard the angels singing…(I won’t bore you with details)
“Braemore Jamil Natural Velvet Leopard” la la la
Finally…I was so excited I did the happy dance.
With all that excitement I only purchased 1 yard 😦 😦
A little pricey. Ranging from $29.00 to $35.00 a yard. Sold online at FabricMill.com, BarrasFabrics.com, DecorativeFabricsDirect.com, and eBay.com. It’s 100% soft velvet cotton. Dry clean only. The pile is short with a soft smooth hand and the color/print is “Vibrant” to say the least. I think it is well worth the price. Definitely pennies will be saved to buy more. Great for upholstered chairs, ottomans, pillows, cushions, headboards. One yard was ordered but I actually received 44.5″. So glad for the extra because I was able to use every inch making 21″ pillows instead of 18″.
A super simple DIY pillow fabrication which makes super gorgeous pillows…It’s all about the fabric.
- I cut four 22″ squares of face fabric. For both sides front and back.
- For the lining I used white Premium Muslin
- Inserted an invisible zipper. If you don’t have an invisible zipper foot one can be purchased at most fabric shops for less than $5.
- After sewing the top and sides of the lining, I attached the lining to the pillow cover using the drop-in method. (much like lining a hand bag) Where the wrong sides of each fabric are together and the open end of the lining is sewn to the seam allowance of the zipper. This makes a nice clean finish perfect for pillows with an invisible zipper.
- $29.00 fabric
- $5 for 2 invisible zippers (using coupon)
- $5.99 for 1 yard of 90″premium white muslin for the lining (coupon used. Regular price is $9.99 a yard)
- Total $39.99
- Down pillow inserts I already had
Online 1 – 20″ pillow cover for $40.00…VS … 2 – 21″ pillow covers for $39.99.
Time for another happy dance: I was quite pleased.
I’m considering these pillows as an investment because they coordinate with any color or print year round. I can literally use them in any room whenever I need a quick décor refresh.
Oh you bet I’ll team these babies up with bright floral prints, stripes and solids.
I see an upholstered stool coming soon. Here are a few pictures that definitely gives inspiration for upcoming Fall projects….What I love most about leopard prints, especially high-end fabric as this one, is the versatility. It’s timeless but you either love it or not so much.
Check out my Pinterest Board here to see other leopard and animal print décor items for your home.
Now for those coordinating prints, off to shopping I go….see ya soon with more floral prints
Thanks for stopping by. Have a Fun and Safe Happy 4th!!
Sew, Create and Enjoy loving your home